One of the best feelings ever is to find exactly what you were looking for. Every so often, that treasure might be an accurate way of expressing what you’re feeling or just a little motivation for you to go and chase your dreams. And this is precisely what happens with motivational quotes.
Whether they come from a song, a book, or a famous person during their speech while receiving an award. It is always satisfying and inspiring when you find a quote that feels like it could get you anywhere, maybe a quote that works like a reminder of an important lesson you learned throughout life, or even one that makes you feel understood and seen.
We are social beings, and feeling you can relate to someone you admire or find the answers to the existential questions that don’t let you sleep at night could be even life-changing. If it wasn’t like that, people wouldn’t be copy-pasting them on their Instagram posts or even getting them tattooed to read them every day.
Here are some quotes for various types of people and moments of life. You may find just what you were looking for!
Motivational quotes for Entrepreneurs
- “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” — Charles Darwin
- “Whatever you do, do with determination. You have one life to live; do your work with passion and give your best.” — Alia Bhatt
- “If you’re serious about changing your life, you’ll find a way. If you’re not, you’ll find an excuse.” — Jen Sincero
- “You must have long-term goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-term failures.” — Charles C
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” — Thomas A. Edison
- “The most valuable thing you can make is a mistake, you can’t learn anything from being perfect.” — Adam Osborne
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” — Thomas Edison
- “Knowledge without action is meaningless” — Abu Bakr
Motivational quotes related to nature
- “I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, “Go to sleep, darlings, ‘till the summer comes again.” — Lewis Carroll
- “Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf.” — Rabindranath Tagore
- “When you do something noble and beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle, and yet most of the audience still sleeps.” — John Lennon
- “Use what talents you possess, the woods will be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.” — Henry van Dyke
- “If you wish to know the divine, feel the wind on your face and the warm sun on your hand.” — Buddha
- “Never, no, never did nature say one thing and wisdom another.” — Edmund Burke
- “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” — Lao Tzu
Motivational quotes related to time
- “There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” — C.S. Lewis
- “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” — Abraham Lincoln
- “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” — Robert Frost
- “A year from now you will wish you had started today.” — Karen Lamb
- “Children have neither past nor future; they enjoy the present, which very few of us do.” — Jean de la Bruyere.
- “The future depends on what we do in the present.” — Mahatma Gandhi.
- “The future starts today, not tomorrow.” — Pope John Paul II.
- “I use memories, but I will not allow memories to use me.” — Deepak Chopra.
Motivational quotes for your inner child
- “Someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." — C.S. Lewis
- “One must ask children and birds how cherries and strawberries taste.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
- “Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- “Growing up is a terribly hard thing to do. It is much easier to skip it and go from one childhood to another.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- “Life is playfulness…We need to play so that we can rediscover the magic all around us.” — Flora Colao
- “My childhood may be over, but that doesn’t mean playtime is.” — Ron Olson.
- “Make me a child again, even before I die; give me back the simple faith, the clear vision of the child that holds its father's hand.” — Israel Zangwill
- “Everything seemed possible, when I looked through they eyes of a child. And every once in a while; I remember, I still have the chance to be that wild.” ― Nikki Rowe
- “When you feel a child inside of you springing to life, that's how you know you're where you should be.” ― C. JoyBell C.
- “Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new.” — Augustine Og Mandino
- “Curiosity is the essence of our existence.” –– Gene Cernan.
Motivational quotes for when you want to feel like life is a fantastic tale
- “Instead of trying to make your life perfect, give yourself the freedom to make it an adventure, and go ever upward.” — Drew Houston
- “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “Your big opportunity may be right where you are standing right now.” — Napoleon Hill
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined.” — Henry David Thoreau
- Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. — Carl Sagan
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” — Andre Gide
- “When was the last time you did something for the first time?” — John C. Maxwell
Motivational quotes about taking action
- “A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.” — John A.
- “If there’s a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.” —Toni Morrison, author
- “There is no passion to be found playing small—in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” — Nelson Mandela
- “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.” — James Baldwin
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” — Walt Disney
- “If you run you stand a chance of losing, but if you don’t run you’ve already lost.” —Barack Obama
- “No one ever finds life worth living—one has to make it worth living.” — Winston Churchill
- We are limited only by our imagination and our will to act. — Ron Garan
Motivational quotes related to creativity
- “To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.” — Osho
- “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make, the better.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “As soon as anyone starts telling you to be ‘realistic,’ cross that person off your invitation list.” — John Eliot
- “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” — Albert Einstein
- “When you cease to dream you cease to live.” — Malcolm Forbes
- “Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one.” ― Terry Pratchett
- “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.” ― Albert Einstein
- “Lovers and madmen have such seething brains, such shaping fantasies, that apprehend more than cool reason ever comprehends.” ― William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream
Usually, after getting a good dose of inspiration, we feel with enough energy to go and make our dreams come true. Don’t let that motivation get lost! You can start learning about a topic you’re passionate about or getting new skills to be the professional you want today!
Here at Skillademia, you can find the perfect course to learn a new language and make friends while you’re traveling around the world. Or maybe you want to be a Jazz musician and don’t know where to start. Check our courses and find out if the beginning of your dream life is a few clicks away.