Instagram is one of the platforms that has shaken up this century. Scrolling through your Instagram feed, you travel to unimaginable places from your sofa, shake with laughter, learn the latest trends, and celebrate your friends' achievements. So raise your hands, Insta lovers!
From the beginning, Instagram showed us a new way of consuming content. It opened our eyes to fantastic photos, head-turning images, and videos. Also, it's a channel to promote personal, four-legged, and company brands. Who knows what else?
Instagram in numbers:
Instagram has grown like a snowball. Here you can see its most relevant numbers:
The total number of users:
Today, it has around 1.28 billion users, almost 2 times Europe's population. And in 2025, it will reach 1.44 billion, the same as Africa's current population.
Users by country:
The 10 countries with the most Instagram users are:
- India: 230.25M
- United States: 159.75M
- Brazil: 119.45M
- Indonesia: 99.15M
- Russia: 63M
- Turkey: 52.15M
- Japan: 46.1M
- Mexico: 37.85M
- United Kingdom: 31.75M
- Germany: 29.85M
Active users by age and gender worldwide:
Who do you think uses Instagram more, men or women? Place your bets!
- 16.8% are men between 18 - 24 years VS 13.4% of women.
What about the best Instagram captions?
If you stand out from the crowd as an Instagramer, see the captions by clicking here, pal. But if you are taking baby steps, feast your eyes on this!
Basic Instagram guide
- Download Instagram: Find it in the App Store or Play Store and download it for free.
- Create an account: Fill in the fields: phone number or email address, full name, desired username, and password. Or join with your Facebook profile.
- Set up your profile: By clicking Edit Profile, you can upload your Instagram profile picture, add your bio or main description, and change your username.
- Know the basics:
- Home: The main feed to scroll through photos and videos posted by others.
- Explore: Use the magnifying glass icon as a standard online browser.
- Reels: Short videos from many users. Scroll by swiping your finger from the bottom to the top.
- Shop: Crazy about shopping? Find a collection of posts with items to buy.
- Profile: This icon goes to your profile page, bio, posts, and app settings.
- Upload, edit, and make posts: Share content by tapping the big plus button. Then, select photos or videos from your phone's gallery. You can choose 10 photos or videos to post at once. These series are called carousels.
You can apply a filter for each content and improve your image! And you can adjust the intensity of that filter.
- Give context: Do it using a caption. It is a written description of your pic or video. You can include tons of emojis, #hashtags, and tags or mentions of other users.
Look at this example for a family picture: Together is the best place to be! 🤗🥰✨ #lovemyfamily #bestfamily #happymoment #home
Pin this: Instagram captions limit is 2,200 characters. More or less 330 words, so if you feel inspired, go with the flow! It’s helpful to use an online character count tool.
10 tips for powerful captions
- Check typing errors.
- Take care of your spelling and avoid plagiarism.
- State the main idea at the beginning.
- Be yourself when writing.
- Use up to 30 on-topic or trending hashtags.
- Convey emotions using emojis.
- Add a call to action, such as commenting, saving, or sharing your post.
- Mention related people or accounts.
- Express your opinions with respect no matter what.
- Try a memorable closing.
Best Instagram captions for your next post
You already know more about Instagram and have 10 tips for writing influential texts. Check now for the best Instagram captions for your next post. These are the categories:
- Captions for nature lovers
- Feeling good captions
- Captions for selfies
- Captions for pet lovers
- Romantic captions
- Song quotes captions
Captions for nature lovers
- "Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." - Henry David Thoreau.
- "Call of my wild!"
- "The ocean is a mighty harmonist." - William Wordsworth.
- "Where the road stops, I begin."
- "A morning-glory at my window satisfies me more than the metaphysics of books." - Walt Whitman.
- "There's a reason they call it good-natured!"
- "Give me the strength to walk the soft earth, a relative to all that is!" - Black Elk, Oglala Sioux.
- "A mountain doesn't climb itself!"
- "The stars about my head I felt, about my feet the sea." - Emily Dickinson.
- "To err is human, not to animal." - Robert Frost.
- "Bug Spray, never leave home without it."
- "One with nature."
- "Talk about a view!"
- "Just following the path."
- "If we were meant to stay in one place, we'd have roots instead of feet." - Rachel Wolchin.
- "Choose only one master nature." - Rembrandt.
- "Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished." - Lao Tzu.
- "If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere." - Laura Ingalls Wilder.
- "There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature, the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter." - Rachel Carson.
- "Men argue. Nature acts.” - Voltaire.
Feeling good captions
- "Today's going to be a good day."
- "Tell the person you see in the mirror they are beautiful."
- "Be the good you want to see in the world."
- "It's not about the destination; it's about the journey."
- "Look! It's just two beautiful people smiling at each other."
- "My day was kind of cloudy, but you made it a whole lot brighter."
- "At the end of a storm, there's always a rainbow."
- "Nothing is impossible. The word itself says 'I'm possible." - Audrey Hepburn.
- "If plan A doesn't work, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet!" - Claire Cook.
- "Believe you can, and you're halfway there." - Theodore Roosevelt
- "Take a deep breath. Inhale peace, exhale happiness." - A.D. Posey
- "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly."
- "The darkest nights produce the brightest stars."
- "Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction." - George Horace Lorimer.
- "Do something today that your future self will thank you for." - Sean Patrick Flanery.
- "Try to be a rainbow in someone else's cloud." - Maya Angelou.
- "You do not find a happy life. You make it." - Camilla Eyring Kimball.
- "Happiness is a direction, not a place." - Sydney J. Harris.
- "When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that's my religion." - Abraham Lincoln.
- "There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved." - George Sand.
Captions for selfies
- "Beast mode."
- "Life is simple. It's just not easy."
- "You can't live a full life on an empty stomach."
- "Get out there and live a little."
- "I'm not high maintenance; you're just low effort."
- "Whatever is good for your soul, do that."
- "Confidence level = selfie with no filter."
- "Today is officially under construction."
- "Morning coffee because anything else is worthless."
- "But first, let me take a selfie."
- "I need a six-month holiday twice a year."
- "Sending my selfie to NASA because I'm a star."
- "Reality called, so I hung up."
- "Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth."
- "Sweet like honey."
- "Pretty in pink."
- "Be yourself - everyone else is taken."
- "Stay gold."
- "I do a thing called: What I want."
- "My mood depends on how good my hair looks."
Captions for pet lovers
- "The cat is in charge. I just pay the rent."
- "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer.
- "Crazy cat human? I prefer dedicated feline enthusiasts."
- "Happy Caturday from the floor and me."
- "Can you even call it a home without the pitter-patter of kitty feet?"
- "Not all superheroes wear capes. Sometimes, they wear whiskers on their cute little faces."
- "Cats never strike a pose that isn't photogenic."
- "People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life."
- "This cute face is made possible by belly rubs."
- "First, they steal your heart; then they steal your bed."
- ""I have too many dogs," said no one ever."
- "It really is the dog's house. I just pay the bills."
- "Dogs are my favorite people." - Richard Dean Anderson.
- "Whoever said that diamonds are a girl's best friend never owned a dog."
- "The more people I meet, the more I love my dog."
- "Everyone thinks they have the best dog. And none of them are wrong." - W.R. Purchase.
- "A dog is a bond between strangers." - John Steinbeck.
- "Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen." - Orhan Pamuk.
- "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." - Ben Williams.
- "Happiness is a warm puppy." - Charles Schulz.
- "Always on your team."
- "Just us."
- "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." - Aristotle.
- "Love you to the moon and back."
- "If I know what love is, it is because of you." - Hermann Hesse.
- "P.S. I love you."
- "I need you like a heart needs a beat."
- "You're my lobster."
- "You're my favorite flavor."
- "An adventure with you is never dull."
- "When I'm with you, time stands still."
- "That's okay. You don't have to give my heart back. You can keep it."
- "Sometimes only the thought of you can make me smile."
- "There is an I in us."
- "Together is the best place you and I could be."
- "You love me at my worst; things can only get better from here."
- "Paradise found."
- "The only time I stop talking is to kiss you."
- "They said we wouldn't work, but we did."
- "You can't blame gravity for falling in love."
Song quotes captions
- "You belong somewhere you feel free" - "Wildflowers" by Tom Petty.
- "Here comes the sun, doo-doo-doo-doo." - "Here Comes The Sun" by The Beatles.
- "We can be heroes, just for one day" - "Heroes" by David Bowie.
- "There's always been a rainbow hangin' over your head." - "Rainbow" by Kacey Musgraves.
- "We gonna party like it's your birthday." - "In Da Club" by 50 Cent.
- "If I was you, I'd wanna be me too." - "Me Too" by Meghan Trainor.
- "We don't need no education." - "Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 2" by Pink Floyd.
- "I'm no beauty queen; I'm just beautiful me." - "Who Says" by Selena Gomez.
- "Darling, I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream." - "Blank Space" by Taylor Swift.
- "I ain't got a lotta money, but I got a lotta style." - "Top Down" by Fifth Harmony.
- "Love is just a word, but you bring it definition." "Love The Way You Lie Part 2" by Eminem.
- "Don't criticize what you can't understand." - "The Times They Are a-Changin" by Bob Dylan.
- "To appreciate the sun, you gotta know what rain is." - "I'm Coming Home" by J. Cole.
- "Find me where the wild things are." - "Wild Things" by Alessia Cara.
- "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one." - "Imagine" by John Lennon.
- "No drama, no baby mamas, keepin' it cute." - "Do it" by ChloexHalle.
- "I know how bad it must hurt to see me like this." - "Sorry Not Sorry" by Demi Lovato.
- "I belong to nobody; try not to disturb; I mind my business." - "Go Gina" by SZA.
- "I take it nice and slow, feeling good on my own." - "Love Myself" by Hailee Steinfeld.
- "Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful." - "Pretty Girl Rock by Kerri Hilson.
Your posts will shine using any of these Instagram captions! Sometimes expressing what you feel on social networks puts you in a vulnerable position, so stay strong and love yourself madly. Remember, the most important thing is to be yourself, not pretend to be like someone else.
Do you want to give a professional touch to your Instagram profile? Check out our Photoshop and Lightroom courses to edit your pics like a pro!