We are human beings, and from time to time, we feel tired and hopeless. We need someone or something to remind us that there is still hope, that you just have to push a little bit more to get where you’ve ever wanted.
Thanks to the internet, we can now find those words we were so eager to hear—or read— to feel enough energy again inside us to keep going and achieve everything we want to.
Whether they come from a long-distance friend, a famous person who was once where we are right now, or even an anonymous quote you find scrolling through social media.
Here, we want to share with you these 50 quotes to get back that willing to get back on track with your dreams and life goals.
Quotes for Students:
- “Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.” — Ralph Marston
- “It’s not about perfect. It’s about effort.” — Jillian Michaels
- “Stay away from those people who try to disparage your ambitions. Small minds will always do that, but great minds will give you a feeling that you can become great too.” — Mark Twain
- “Don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle.” — Jon Acuff
- “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work”. — Stephen King
- “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” — Maya Angelou
- “Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.” — Minor Myers Jur
For when you're burned out:
- “A little progress each day adds up to big results.” — Satya Nani
- “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” –– Confucius
- “Inhale, exhale, it is well, it is well. All of this is a part of the story you will tell.” — Morgan Harper Nichols
- “No beating yourself up. That’s not allowed. Be patient with yourself.” — Holly Mosier
- "A moment of self-compassion can change your entire day. A string of such moments can change the course of your life.” — Christopher K. Germer
- “You will burn, and you will burn out; you will be healed and come back again.” — Fyodor Dostoevsky
- “Nobody’s perfect, so give yourself credit for everything you’re doing right, and be kind to yourself when you struggle.” — Lori Deschene
- “Burnout exists because we’ve made rest a reward rather than a right.” — Juliet C Obodo
- “You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.” — Anonymous
- “Don't get discouraged: it is often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.” — John Wooden
- “I walk slowly but never backward.” — Abraham Lincoln
For when you’re afraid of failure:
- “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” — John Wooden
- “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” — Gail Devers
- “Never let the fear of striking out stop you from playing the game.” — Babe Ruth
- “Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.” — Francis Chan
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” — Nelson Mandela
- “When you get tired, learn to rest, not quit.” — Banksy
- “Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” –– Dale Carnegie
- “Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent.” ― Steve Martin
- “You’re off to great places. Today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way.” — Dr. Seuss
- “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” — Zig Ziglar
- “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” —Thomas Jefferson
- “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” — Vincent Van Gogh
For those who want to dream big:
- “Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” — Harriet Tubman
- “Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.” — Tupac Shakur.
- “Do something today that your future self will thank you for.” — Sean Patrick Flanery
- “Dream big dreams! Imagine that you have no limitations and then decide what’s right before you decide what’s possible.” — Brian Tracey.
- “Dreams come in a size too big so that we may grow into them.” — Josie Bisse
- “Don’t downgrade your dreams just to fit your reality. Upgrade your conviction to match your destiny.” — Stuart W. Scott
- “Whatever you do or dream, you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it.” — Goethe
- “We will only grow as big as we dream. That’s why we must dream big.” — Gabrielle Williams
- “During your life, never stop dreaming. No one can take away your dreams.” — Tupac Shakur.
- “For once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned
- skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.” — Leonard da Vinci
For those who need some words of hope:
- “All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.” — Winston Churchill
- “There is some good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for.” — J.R.R. Tolkien.
- “Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all they have.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one.” ― John Lennon
- "Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” — Helen Keller
- “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
- Hope lies in dreams, in imagination, and in the courage of those who dare to make dreams into reality. — Jonas Salk
- “They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.” — Tom Bodett
- “But I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough can you see the stars.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Hope is patience with the lamp lit.” — Tertullian
Sometimes we feel stuck or overwhelmed just because we have a dream in mind but don’t know where to start. If you want to explore a new field of knowledge or try out a new hobby, you can always try new waters with our creative courses!
From 3D modeling and animation to blues guitar, or maybe even developing video games! Perhaps you’re just a click away from just what you were looking for.